Storey is a leading publisher of how-to-books for country living, with a focus on gardening, cooking, crafts, building, and animals. We are located in the scenic Berkshires, on the campus of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS MoCA), three hours from NYC and Boston.
To provide support for the publicity and marketing departments. The Publicity and Marketing Assistant is outgoing, detail-oriented and highly organized, with an eagle eye, solid language skills, strong computer skills, a talent for lively writing, and the ability to juggle varied responsibilities in a deadline-driven environment. This is a full-time position.
- Field incoming media requests and handle appropriately: includes mailing review copies, processing image and excerpt requests, and scheduling author interviews.
- Track, record, and report publicity hits.
- Build media lists for national mailings and regional event publicity.
- Disseminate review mailings.
- Manage assets and requests on electronic book review site.
- Research blogs for publicity outreach.
- Coordinate author travel.
- Process expense reports.
- Research author speaking and book signing opportunities; track proposal deadlines and submission procedures for major trade and category conferences.
- Assemble PowerPoint Presentation for biannual sales conference.
- Research and submit award entries.
- Write press releases and marketing copy, as assigned.
- Solicit author photos. Upload author photos and cover images to databases.
- Prepare text excerpts for media outlets.
- Assist at trade shows and special events.
- Provide administrative support.
- Take on additional projects as assigned.
- BA or BS in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced working environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and familiarity with databases
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to represent Storey professionally to authors, freelancers, vendors, and others
- A passion for DIY topics; hands-on experience with and enthusiasm for any of Storey’s key subject areas.
- Cannot be color blind
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
Send letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for the Publicity and Marketing Assistant position